“Personally identifiable information” (PII), as used in US privacy law and information security, and as used here: is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
Imprises considers user privacy paramount, and Imprises utilizes great care in keeping the information of the users of the Site (including Customers) (“Users” or “You”) private and secure. Imprises adheres to the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as well as the Safe Harbor Principles as agreed to and set forth by the United States Department of Commerce and the European Union (“EU”). To demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy, the following section of this agreement has been created to explain our policies and procedures in relation to all data collected. In this Privacy Agreement (“PA”) we describe the information that we collect; how we use, disclose, and share your information; and how we protect your information. Capitalized terms not defined in the PA are defined in the Terms of Service. This PA does not apply to Third Party Services which are governed by their own privacy policies.
Types of Data Collected
Imprises collects data related to our users through the following methods:
- Automated means such as communication protocols and cookies
- Online registration and online signup forms
- Sales inquiries and transactions
- Online Customer communications
- Offline communications and interactions
- Third party sources of information
Depending upon the method of collection and use, the data collected may include information about the User from forms, registrations and transactions (such as name, title, address, company, phone number and email address), financial/transaction information (such as credit card, card verification value (cvv), and payment information), information about use of Site (such as electronic communications protocols, web pages visited, and cookies) and User preferences and privileges.
Electronic Communications Protocols and Cookies
Imprises may receive data from you as part of the communication connection itself through the standard electronic greeting between your computer and our servers. This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), internet protocol address, date and time. At this time our server will also query your computer to see if there are “cookies” previously set by italiansystemhosting.com to facilitate log in or other site navigation procedures. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store in a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser.
Electronic Communications Protocols and Cookies
Browsers provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to. You then have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. You can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the Site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature or to provide functionality necessary for transaction completion.
Users visiting the website through an IP address that is associated with (a member state of) the European Union (“EU Users”) will by default only receive cookies that expire once they leave the website. This may result in reduced website functionality. EU Users may opt-in to the receipt of cookies of a longer duration by giving their consent in a pop-up window or bar shown at the homepage of the website. Following their consent, EU Users will receive all cookies discussed above and full website functionality will be available. EU Users may choose to revoke their consent at any time by deleting all cookies associated with Imprises through their browser settings (as discussed above).
We may also engage Third Parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable website data and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit Third Parties to place cookies on devices of the Users of our Site, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Site “insert link”. We use the data collected by such Third Parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze Site usage. Such Third Parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. These Third Parties are required to use your information in accordance with this PA.
Customer is solely responsible for any processing or international transfer of all PII in the Customer Content and agrees to comply with all applicable rules, laws and regulations in any and all applicable regions or countries related to the transfer of such PII. To the extent PII is subject to rules, laws, regulations or the like implementing EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, Imprises will be considered a “data processor” and will, as such, act on Customer’s instructions and implement security measures in accordance with the MSA.
The Data We Collect and How We Use It
Imprises collects data from users for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions for service. Name, address, email, purchase details, and credit card/payment information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history. The majority of the data collected under this category is contact information. Imprises may need to share some of this data (address, payment) with credit card clearing houses, banking institutions, and other similarly situated Agents, who may require the information in order to complete the transaction (as used here, “Agents” are persons or companies who act on behalf of or under the direction of Imprises). Imprises will not transfer information to any of its Agents unless it first either ascertains that the Agent subscribes to the Safe Harbor Principles or is subject to the EU Directive on Data Protection or another adequacy finding or enters into a written agreement with such Agent requiring that the Agent provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor Principles.
- To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact data and information related to products and service/support requested. This information is also used to provide service, product update, and similar notices.
- To select content, data may be collected to help create Site content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes data collected as a result of site navigation, as well as data provided in forms.
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information. This data includes registrations for online newsletters, opt-in mailing lists and specific requests for further information.
- To respond to law enforcement organizations, government officials, third parties when compelled by subpoena, court order, or applicable law, or to report or prevent suspected fraudulent or illegal activity in the use of the Services. Imprises will notify Customer of the information request or submission as, and if, allowed.
- To our contractors who provide services or perform functions on our behalf.
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to another entity if applicable.
- To provide various Imprises communities, such as resellers, with relevant product alerts and updates. These updates are related to product releases, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns. This data is sent when the program member signs up for the relevant program or online account.
- To better tailor marketing to User needs. We may use information from User purchases and User-specified requirements to provide you with timely and pertinent notices of Imprises product releases and service developments that address your needs and specified requirements and/or which are similar to products and services previously purchased by the User from Imprises.
- To better respond to requests for service or quotes for product and equipment purchase. Imprises will pass contact information to the appropriate Imprises sales person, or reseller for follow-up related to Imprises products or Services.
- As a result of your participation in interactive discussions and public forums. There are parts of the Site that permit you to participate in interactive discussions. Some of these are moderated; all are subject to access for technical reasons. Imprises does not control the content that Users post and some may serve as public discussion forums. As in any interactive forum open to many Users, you should carefully consider whether you wish to submit data and should tailor any other content submitted accordingly.
Imprises is concerned with the security of the data we have collected and utilizes commercially reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to that information. These measures include policies, procedures, employee training, physical access and technical elements relating to data access controls. In addition, Imprises uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to facilitate the exchange and the transmission of sensitive data, such as credit card details. Imprises does not process PII in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. In the event that PII is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, Imprises will notify the affected individual of the breach by email or ticket on the Customer Portal or, if Imprises is unable to contact the individual by email or ticket on the Customer Portal, then by regular mail. Notice will be given promptly, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement and any measures necessary for Imprises or law enforcement to determine the scope of the breach and to ensure or restore the integrity of the data system. Imprises may delay notification if Imprises or a law enforcement agency determines that the notification will impede a criminal investigation, and in such case, notification will not be provided unless and until Imprises or the agency determines that notification will not compromise the investigation.
If we are going to use your PII in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect the PII already stored in our database, we will notify you by email or post a prominent notice on the Customer Portal notifying users of the change. In some cases, when we post the notice, we will also email users who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. We may update this policy from time to time to describe how new site features affect our use of your PII and to let you know of new control and preference features that we provide.